Feb 25, 2022, 10:31:19 AM
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 25,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Team & Job Overview
As our Inclusion Diversity & Equity Accessibility Advisor, you will be joining a team of dedicated professionals within the ID&E team and People & Culture group. Your main role will be to lead EDC’s accessibility efforts by developing and implementing a multi-year accessibility plan in collaboration with our Cross-Functional Accesibility Working Group. This will entail prioritizing planned initiatives in support of the Accessibility Canada Act (Bill C-81), including budget planning and program development. You will also work with clients and stakeholders across EDC, external partners, and other networks.
- Leads the development of EDC’s accessibility plan and reporting for the Accessible Canada Act (ACA)
- Supports and advises internal stakeholders and groups on the implementation of the areas of focus of EDC’s Accessibility plan
- Coordinate reporting for, and advise on, initiatives related to the ACA
- Contribute to the implementation of EDC’s ID&E Strategy and identify and lead other key HR policy and program initiatives
- Provides change management, organizational design and development consulting advisory services
- Identifies process improvements and integrates these into ongoing updates of methodologies and tools
- Plays a key role in the design and development of specific initiatives and associated communication to support the successful delivery of People & Culture and ID&E strategic priorities
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resources
- Minimum 7 years experience in employee and/or organizational development, or related experience
- Knowledge of key concepts, legislation and issues related to accessibility as well as inclusion, diversity and equity
- Experience in accessibility planning and inclusive stakeholder consultation
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills
- Solid analytic and problem-solving skills to inform decision making
- Ability to:
- communicate clearly to, and facilitate, a wide range of audiences
- develop and build relationships with colleagues and partners
- work well under pressure, independently and as part of a team
- Certified Human Resources Professional, ED&I or other related designation
- Prior experience leading AODA project implementation will be considered an asset
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Remote, anywhere in Canada
- $89,000 – $133,600
Please note that EDC will be following a mandatory vaccination policy.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline on www.edc.ca/careers : Mar 11, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.